08 January 2010

Brahms, you changed my life.


Johannes Brahms, Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D Major, Opus 77.

One of the most brilliant pieces I have ever taken the time to listen to. It was written in 1878, it's now 2010, but I can almost understand exactly what he was trying to portray. Oh Brahms, you were such an angry and distressed man, from what I can consume from a majority of your compositions. But you had to have been in love when you wrote this piece. It's so beautiful, and can describe every single feeling of love in simple melody. It made me reminisce, yet think about my future as well. Brahms, you made me realize that love is really capable of attaching itself to anybody. Everybody hurts from it, yet they are so addicted to that high feeling you get when in it. You get addicted to the feeling of absolute perfection, and complete satisfaction. Addicted to the insanity of your heart pumping every time you're around that person. It's something that seems so indescribable, and that's what makes it so incredible. And your second half of the second movement brought me the most emotion that I've felt through music for a while. I was in tears. It's so absolutely perfect, I can't even begin to characterize it.

I guess what I basically analyzed from this piece is that love is the addiction of fulfillment brought to you by another person, stronger than anything else you could possibly ever feel. It can bring emotions that are so foreign to anybody, and has the capability of changing them, even if just temporarily. It's basically just the craving of the human heart. But maybe I'm just over-analyzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment